The Jockey Club of Canada is seeking a full-time general manager.
The manager will report to the Board of Stewards. The successful applicant will be responsible for all Jockey Club of Canada related duties, including but not limited to:
- Reporting to the Board of Stewards (Directors)
- Organizing and Administrating Board of Stewards, Members and Committee Meetings
- Serving as secretary at meetings, writing and distributing minutes
- Bookkeeping, budgeting and year-end /audit preparation
- Day to day operation of office: answering phone calls, emails and letter mail, as well as banking responsibilities
- Maintaining duties related to the operation of the field office for The Jockey Club Registry
- Compiling Canadian statistics and information for International Cataloguing Standards Committee, International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities as well as various other racing organizations
- Compiling voting statistics, organizing, administering and directing the annual Sovereign Awards event
- Liaising with organizations locally, nationally and internationally
- Attending industry functions as a representative of The Jockey Club of Canada
- Attracting, assisting and providing information for new owners and investments in the thoroughbred racing industry in Canada
- Updating and maintaining The Jockey Club of Canada’s website and social media channels
- Creating and distributing media releases to the industry and mainstream media
- General knowledge of the Thoroughbred racing industry
- General office and computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Experience with QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software
- Event planning skills are an asset
- Website updating skills are an asset.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.