The Jockey Club of Canada is seeking a full-time General Manager.
The manager will report to the Chief Steward. The successful applicant will be responsible for all Jockey Club of Canada related duties, including but not limited to:
- Reporting to the Chief Steward (Director)
- A wide range of clerical, secretarial and administrative support, including filing, record keeping, document preparation, reception and other duties as assigned
- Day to day operation of office: answering phone calls, emails and letter mail, as well as banking responsibilities
- Coordinate office activities to ensure deliverables are met.
- Organizing and Administrating Board of Stewards, Members and Committee Meetings
- Serving as secretary at meetings, writing and distributing minutes
- Bookkeeping, budgeting and year-end/audit preparation
- Maintaining duties related to the operation of the field office for The Jockey Club Registry
- Compiling Canadian statistics and information for International Cataloguing Standards Committee, International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities as well as various other racing organizations
- Compiling voting statistics, organizing, administering and directing the annual Sovereign Awards event
- Liaising with organizations locally, nationally and internationally
- Attending industry functions as a representative of The Jockey Club of Canada
- Updating and maintaining The Jockey Club of Canada’s website and social media channels
- Development of press releases and prepare information for the media
- Plan and execute organizational social media activities including developing and scheduling of posts
- General knowledge of the Thoroughbred Racing Industry
- Ability to work independently, highly motivated, positive, flexible and a team player
- Strong organization skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline and detail oriented, organized with good planning skills
- General office and computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Experience with QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software is an asset
- Event planning skills are an asset
- Website updating skills are an asset.
Expected start date: May 1, 2022
(Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Bonus pay
Benefits: Dental care, vision care, paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shifts Monday to Friday
To apply, please send a quality cover letter with your resume to email@example.com.